Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
Skill lists on class pages[edit source]
I'd like to get some opinions on the various skill lists to see which format is preferred, so that we can unify the styles before too much more work is done on these lists. I started a discussion page here. --Sigilbaram (talk) 22:52, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
Weapon Pages[edit source]
Hey! So I was thinking about weapons again (love what you've done with the template by the way!), and it seems to me that having one page per weapon is a little overkill given how they're all exactly the same aside from the type. Whether it be a regular one or one that can evolve, they have exactly the same stats and need exactly the same things to breakthrough and evolve. So how about we merge each kind together (so Stone Sword, Stone Axe and etc. would become a single Stone Weapon page instead), and keep a gallery to show their looks. We could also have a redirect page for the different kinds to lead back to the main Weapon page in case someone searches for it. This would simplify referring to the weapon (e.g. Blackram_Narrows) or to the weapon chests (e.g. Viridian_Poison) since it could be reduced to a single link instead of having a sextuplet for everything. On top of this, once new classes come out, we won't need to edit every single page to add a more weapons! Makes everything easier in the long run. The only problem with this is that I don't know how to handle the icons for the item infobox... So yeah, tell me what you think and if you have a solution for that last point, thanks! --Cappucciruno 05:21, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- Thing is, they're not all exactly the same :S The annoying thing is, some of them are slightly different. For example, among all the Stone weapons series, the secondary stat for some is Evasion, and for the rest it's Block. Also, there's the matter of all the images (icon and image) to handle. I think it might be best to keep all the weapons on their own page. However, I agree that having to paste sextuplet options each time the series is mentioned is annoying. Perhaps for each series, I will also make a compilative page for usual mentioning, like Hongmoon Weapon? Chifuyu (talk) 09:24, 9 February 2016 (UTC)
- Dang, I thought they all were identical. Then I guess your idea would work best! --Cappucciruno 00:12, 10 February 2016 (UTC)
Outfit pages[edit source]
That's cool straight forward table! Could you teach me how to make one or edit more?
- Lol tbh, I'm not very good at the coding thing either. I do a TON of copy/pasting :P Ummm, for starters, I suggest reading up on Basic Tables first, then Advanced Tables. After that, also reading up general formatting, such as how to make text have color, how to add symbols, etc. There's quite a lot of stuff that they don't cover though, so I still recommend copy/pasting from some other page (doing that is good practice anyways, cus then your new page keeps the same format as the other ones). It's just that reading up first helps you to understand what you are copy/pasting. After that, it's a lot of experimenting.
Some stuff not covered in the articles:
__NOTOC__Typing this anywhere on the page (I usually put it at the very bottom so it doesn't interfere with anything) will make that page not have a table of contents (it generates after I think 3 subheadings, so sometimes the page isn't too long but there's a ToC so I use NOTOC on the page).
#redirect [[pagename]]Use this to make the page automatically go to another. For example, you make a page called Muscle, and on other places in the wiki, people make links to Muscles. So you make the Muscles page, and on that page, ONLY put #redirect Muscle, and all those links to Muscles will automatically forward to Muscle.
- You can make the redirects more specific, such as Campaign Quests#Prologue: Paradise Lost, which goes directly to the Prologue section of the Campaign Quests page.
- In case the article is not clear, you CAN apply an attribute to an entire row at once (ex. make all cells in the row bolded), but you cannot apply an attribute to an entire column at once. You have to copy/paste the code for the attribute for each and every cell in the column.
- Well, this is all I can think of atm. Feel free to ask more questions if anything comes to mind :)