Shroom to Grow
|Please add an image!|
|Act||Act 1, Chapter 18|
|Preceded by||The Test of the Eight|
|Followed by||Unearthed Plot|
|Given by||Old Man Cho|
|Starts in||Cave of Judgment|
|Also occurs in|
|Turn in to||[]|
Dark Chi is a twisted form of the life essence, Chi, which flows through all beings of the Earthen Realm. Those corrupted by Dark Chi eventually turned into one of the Dark Lord's mindless slaves, fiends without conscience or will. The only escape from this fate was death, and those corrupted with Dark Chi faced a terrible choice--end their own lives, or become a thrall to the darkness.
Or so went the conventional thinking. A precious few believed they could be stronger than the Dark Chi, that they could bend it to their will. These foolhardy individuals developed the Dark Arts, embracing the darkness in order to augment their powers. All of these "masters" eventually succumbed to the darkness, but for a time, their power was beyond measure.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Press to open the Martial Tome and use your Training Points, then press the Learn button at the bottom to complete the training
- Speak with Old Man Cho
- Speak with Oh Gukchun
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
1. Press to open the Martial Tome and use your Training Points, then press the Learn button at the bottom to complete the training
2. Speak with Old Man Cho
- "Very good. Very good. You're getting it."
- "That's the way, little warrior. Use your skills wisely, and focus on your training.
- Now don't get too big a head about all this. You don't yet have the strength to master all your skills.
- The fact that you can string two attacks together is a miracle by itself. You must continue following the Way of Enlightenment to attain true mastery over the martial arts."
- What should I do next?
- "Let's see if we can't purge a little more of that Dark Chi from you, hmm? There's a man down the cliff named Oh Gukchun who knows a little about medicine.
- Tell him Cho sent ya, and tell him to give you some of his herbs and mushrooms and what not. They might make you feel better. In any case, I guess they can't hurt.
- On second thought, I think he gathers poisonous mushrooms. But heck, eat 'em anyway. This'll be a good test."
- "I have a feeling our paths will cross again, Jyan. Take care of yourself."
3. Speak with Oh Gukchun