Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
Into the Fire
|Please add an image!|
|Act||Act 1, Chapter 27|
|Preceded by||The Rescue Party|
|Followed by||Stranger in a Strange Land|
|Also occurs in|
|Turn in to||[]|
Dochun couldn't believe it. He wouldn't believe it. And yet the evidence was right there, etched in black ink. Namsoyoo's betrayal was as real as the dog-eared letter in his hand, which Dochun had read perhaps a hundred times. Bumbak the spy had written to Namsoyoo, thanking her for the part she played in the Blackram's invasion of Bamboo Village. She had betrayed them all. Dochun, and Bamboo Village, would never be the same.
The fire arrows which tore through the roofs had mostly been extinguished, and a convoy was already on its way from Jadestone with medicine and other supplies. But some kinds of damage can never be undone. Why did Namsoyoo do it? Where had Dochun failed the little girl with the smile that could light up a room? Dochun had to push such chaotic thoughts from his mind. His village needed him, as did his injured son. The stranger would pursue justice. For now, Dochun had to pursue peace.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Find Namsoyoo
- Speak with Mayor Daygu
- Speak with Janghun
- Defeat the Blackram (0/12)
- Destroy the Blackram Cannons (0/2)
- Speak with Janghun
- Speak with Yongsook
- Save Guni
- Speak with Chengun
- Go to Dochun's House
- Speak with Dochun
- Go to the Lighthouse
- Defeat Gwon
- Speak with Chengun
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Money 1 Silver 52 Copper
- 1300 XP
Dialog[edit | edit source]
- "My goodness, don't sneak up on me like that. Are you even allowed in here?"
- "Hmm. What's that you have there? A sealed letter? It looks official. Better let me have a look at it."
- "It's for Namsoyoo. Not for you."
- "Listen, you. I'm the mayor of this town, and everything that happens in this town is my business. Let's get that straight right now. Huh? What was that?"
- "What's wrong?"
- "What's wrong? Are you deaf? They're sounding the alarm!"
- "I knew they would come for us. But this soon? We weren't prepared."
- "They've unloaded cannons onto the beach. They're going to destroy the whole town!"
- "Go to the coast and destroy the cannons before it's too late. And send as many Blackram as you can to their graves!"
- "Thank you! We've delayed them for now, but many Blackram have already invaded the village."
- "Please, you must protect the inn. Those who couldn't flee have taken shelter there."
- "Go! The village has become a battlefield. Save as many as you can!"
- "My baby! Please, save my baby! The Blackram took Guni down in the basement! My husband went after them! Oh, please, help!"
- "Thank you, warrior! But where is Namun? Was he inured? Why isn't he coming out?"
- "I'm sorry. Your husband died protecting your baby."
- "No! My darling. How could this happen? Oh! I can't go on."
- "Please, get to a safe area. For your baby."
- "Yes, you're right. I must stay strong. For Guni. Thank you. Thank you, stranger!"
- "This is it. This is the end of ol' Chengun. So much undone. Things I never did. I never found true love. Never climbed the Silverfrost Mountains. Never learned to juggle..."
- "You're going to be fine."
- "No, no. Don't worry about poor old Chengun. You must save Master Dodan.
- "That brave fool... He... ran off to fight Captain Gwon alone! He doesn't stand a chance against that brute! They're in Dochun's house. Go! Hurry!"
- "Dodan will live, but he is badly injured. These Blackrams have exacted a heavy price. Gwon must be brought to justice."
- "I will find Gwon and stop him."
- "What do you mean?"
- "There is no time! Save her! At any cost!"
- "I will. Also, here's a letter for Namsoyoo."
- "A letter? For Namsoyoo? Thank you, Jyan. I will take it, but I hope you can deliver it to her yourself after all this."
- "I'm not crying! I have something in my eye! A stray cinder from the fire. It's horrible."
- "Are you okay?"
- "I am. All thanks to your heroism and bravery. If only you could have arrived in time to save the Little Master from harm."
- "You have done this village and me a great service. I owe you my life! I know: I shall follow you to the ends of the realm to bay back this life debt!"
- "You should stay and look after Dodan."
- "Are you sure? I mean, that would be easier. And my leg does still hurt ever so much. Be careful, brave champion. The Cinderland desert is treacherous."
- "Captain Dochun has secured transportation for you. Just see Andumo near the captain's house."
- "I've never been good at goodbyes. You'd better leave now before I completely lose my composure. Don't you forget about us!"