Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
Grin and Bear It
|Act||Act 1, Chapter 15|
|Preceded by||Drinking Problems|
|Followed by||The Eight Masters|
|Given by||Old Man Cho|
|Starts in||Jadestone Village|
|Also occurs in|
|Ends in||Croaker Lagoon|
|Turn in to||Old Man Cho|
1 Hongmoon Earring
Master Hong doesn't raise fools, thought Old Man Cho as he snacked on some particularly delicious bear gall. This newest--and last?--student of his had a special energy, an aura he couldn't quite place. Most misguided dunderheads came to Old Man Cho for the so-called "secrets" of the Dragon Pulses. Hmph! But not Hong's child. This one had other motivations. This one was pure of heart as far as Cho could figure, despite the specter of the Black Rose...
Very few understood that to learn the art of Windwalking, the heart and soul needed training, not the body. Fortune-seekers, powermongers, glory-hunters--none of these could ride the Pulses, though they sure tried. Hong's student was a different animal, and for this Old Man Cho was both surprised and relieved.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
1. Speak with Old Man Jum
- "Ohhh Bani Doi, the plog, the ploggles are caaaalling..."
- "Hello there. You here to offer me a refill?"
- Old Man Cho needs a food recommendation.
- "You've come to the right place. You know what goes with a good drink? Another drink! Bwahaha!
- I'm teasing. I'm teasing. Shhh shhh. Don't get mad. Uh. What was your question again?"
- "Oh yeah! Bear gall! Get him some bear gall. Bear gall pairs with everything. Beer, wine, Beerwine. The last one's a secret invention of mine. Shhhhh. Don't tell anybody."
- "Now I'm hungry. I want bear galls too. Point me to a bear. I can take 'em.
2. Obtain Bear Gall from Wild Bears (0/3)
3. Speak with Old Man Cho
- "I smell something good! Heehee!"
- "Well, well. You fetch food like a true champion. I'm going to enjoy this!
- Now, I know what you want in exchange. I know how the world works! I happen to have brought you very near to the place where the Eight Masters are wandering.
- See that hole in the rock, up yonder? Locals call it the Cave of Mastery. You'll find the Masters in there.
- That said, the cave isn't exactly hospitable. You'll need a guide, and it certainly won't be me! I have a meal to attend to. So keep your eyeballs peeled."
- "You're either destined for greatness, or destined to fail miserably. Either way, it'll be fun to watch! Heehee!"