Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
|Act||Act 1, Chapter 14|
|Preceded by||A Bridge Too Far Gone|
|Followed by||Grin and Bear It|
|Given by||Old Man Cho|
|Starts in||Jadestone Village|
|Also occurs in||Lakeside Cache|
|Ends in||Jadestone Village|
|Turn in to||Old Man Cho|
Bomani had been Old Man Cho's "pupil" for weeks. Pupil? Hah! More like whipping boy. Now Cho had ordered Bomani into some foul-smelling cave. "Stand there, shut up, and wait," Cho said. How long had it been? Bomani had grown delirious. But for the chance to be able to Windwalk... to be able to ride the Dragon Pulses! That made it all worth it... right?
Cho said that Bomani would be challenged soon, that his skills and dedication would be put to the test. Even in his stupor, Bomani steeled himself for the conflict. Cho doubted Bomani. He called him a pretender. But Bomani would face down whatever threat that insane old man threw his way. He would prove worthy of the Dragon Pulses.
Objectives[edit | edit source]
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
1. Go to the Lakeside Cache and find the liquor
- "I'll prove I'm Master Cho's best pupil!"
- "Ow. Ow. That's enough! I yield! I yield!"
- "Why did you do that? Is this normal for you? Randomly assaulting innocent strangers in caves?
- Here I was, minding me own business and having a drink or three and you show up all violent and wobbly and blurry.
- Well, I'm not gonna be Blurry Violent Psycho's punching bag anymore. You've just made an enemy for life, friend.
- "Right! Next time you're going down!"
2. Speak with Old Man Cho
- "Did ya give that Bamoan--or whatever his name is--a good walloping?"
- "Ahh. You found the liquor. And vintage stock, too! It's been so long. Come home to Papa!"
- Will you now tell me where the Eight Masters are?
- "The Eight Masters? Who? Oh, those Eight Masters. They're around here somewhere. Master, masters..."
- "This old brain is still not operating at full power. After all, you need something to eat when you're drinking, right? Or else you get light-headed.
- Oh! I know where they are! No, no, wait. I lost it. I need food. Get me some food. A man works up an appetite dealing with knuckleheads like yourself."
- You can't be serious.
- "That's the spirit. Talk to Old Man Jum. Face like a leather gauntlet. Can't miss him. He'll know where to rustle up some chow to pair with this fine liquor."
- Am I wasting my time here?
- "Wasting your time?! If you don't like it, take a hike off a cliff, why don't ya? Leave an old man to starve. See if I care!"
- (Have to make sure this kid's got the right attitude for what's to come.)
- ...I'll bring the food.
- "Good. Good! My mouth is watering already. When you get the food, bring it on over to Croaker Lagoon. My vacation home, ya know. Heehee!"
- "Now, don't make an old man wait!"
- "A great liquor should be paired with an equally great dish. That's my philosophy."