Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Description[edit | edit source]
Crouching Tiger is a skill that is used by a Summoner to command his familiar to curl up on the ground, thus boosting its defense significantly and resist all sort of status attack, except for Blackwyrm's roar.
If trained properly, the skill will also cause a forced taunt on nearby enemies, forcing them to attack the cat and heal it by 2% of its total HP per hit, making the cat nearly invincible during its taunting duration.
How to obtain[edit | edit source]
Requires Level 16
Trait Trees[edit | edit source]
- The left branch will allow the cat to generate extra Focus for Summoner during its curl. However, this has long cooldown, and is uncommon.
- The right branch will allow the cat to taunt nearby enemies. This is the most popular way to use the skill.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Crouching Tiger is the shield that can protect the Summoner and his party members from harm's way by keeping the mobs/bosses in place for eight second, in the absence of any tanking classes, or the tanker is not competent enough to tank.
- Crouching Tiger, when used smartly, in pvp will provide free healing for the cat or foil the opponent's attempt to CC it, since it often a common target is be melted down or CCed during a match in order to make the Summoner more vulnerable.
- You can also use the skill as a way to protect your cat from being killed by boss' attack. Dead cat does nothing.
- However, there are times that Crouching Tiger should not be used. For example:
- When you have a tanker that can do his job properly.
- When you are in a raid against Blackwyrm. Cat's taunt is hated here, because the cat still gets dazed by the boss' roar, and mess up the boss' rotation, making it hard for the tank to predict its attack. Taunting Blackwyrm also makes you the target of the community's hatred for messing up their raid.
- Some bosses when doing mechanics will target the cat when you taunt during certain mechanic moments instead of players, which can cause a wipe. For example, Ken and Gen fight in Sogun's Lament will pull the cat instead of the tanker. Or, Be Ido in Sundered Nexus will keep charging at the cat after firing the Drills, making it harder to block him.
- In case that you accidentally taunt when it is not supposed to be, use your Beckon to call back your cat, prematurely end the taunt's duration.
Trivial[edit | edit source]
Crouching Tiger's name is taken from "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", which is the name of a Chinese martial art movie.