Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Burning the Dream
|Act||Act , Chapter|
|Starts in||Tanjay Kilns|
|Also occurs in||The Dreamdrift|
|Ends in||Tanjay Kilns|
|Turn in to||Chadai|
Objectives[edit | edit source]
- Talk to Chadai
- Talk to Shin Da in The Dreamdrift
- Use torches to burn the Gnarlhorns and Gnarloxes (0/15)
- Talk to Chadai
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
1. Talk to Chadai
- "You rescued our people from the Depleted Goldmine. I appreciate that. Is there anything you want from us in return?"
- You could help the Bamboo Guard.
- "A bomb? We know plenty about charcoal, but nothing about bombs. Flamegrass powder maybe, but that's all."
- What's wrong with that?
- "Ha Jungwang once came over and asked for flamegrass powder. At that time I didn't know he needed it for making bombs.
- We don't like to let our flamegrass powder be used for weapons. But we trust you. I suppose an exception could be made. (I owe this warrior a great debt. I cannot forget that.)
- Before we do this, we need you to prove once and for all that you and the Guard are allied with the Char Coalition."
- What is it?
- "We've been spending increasing amounts of time dealing with the monster problem in [The Dreamdrift]]. The creatures there have become very hostile. We've lost workers.
- We're spending more time dealing with monsters than producing charcoal or that flamegrass powder you desire.
- Find Shin Da in the Dreamdrift. Solve his problem and we'll solve yours."
- "Shin Da is in the Dreamdrift. Unless the beasts got to him already."
- "I hate this place."
- "Ah! Don't sneak up on a guy like that! I though you were...one of them! They're everywhere! Watching me, judging me."
- Chadai told me to assist you.
- "Ah. Chadai. Chadai is a good boss. Takes care of us. Yes. I wish I didn't have to spend so much time in the Dreamdrift. But the job requires it, you see. (Shut up! Stop talking all the time! I can hear you whispering! Stop it! Stop it!)"
- How so?
- "This is where the best wood is, silly! Everything is made of wood here! Not just the trees. Even the monsters here are made of wood.
- I'm not crazy! The monsters here are truly made of wood. Don't believe me? Set fire to them. When they burn, they'll smell like wood.
- There should be guide torches along the path. Use the torches to burn the monsters. Perhaps if we burn them all the whispering will stop."
- "Burn the monsters. Maybe then I can go home. Maybe then the whispering wil stop."
- "Check the Char Coalition braziers or kilns for torches."
3. Use torches to burn the Gnarlhorns and Gnarloxes (0/15)
4. Talk to Chadai
- "Smells like justice."
- "It seems you and Shin Da have figured out a way to keep those creatures at bay. Well done.
- Now that we know how to beat these creatures, I'll be able to free up some Coalition members to start processing flamegrass powder for the the Guard, as promised.
- I wish there was a way to solve the Blackram problem without introducing more weapons into the world. But we don't get to pick the world we live in, do we?
- Speaking of criminal elements, the Dusk Adders have suddenly gone quiet. I hope they're not up to something."
- "I'll let you know if I see anything odd."