Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
Talk:Blade & Soul Wiki
- 1 Itembox Template
- 2 Links
- 3 Tabs and Contents List
- 4 Links Color Changed to red?
- 5 Request to add something to the main page!
- 6 World Map
- 7 Future content
- 8 Request to add new section to main page
- 9 Force Master link is broken
- 10 File duplicates: to delete or not to delete
- 11 Connection problems since Curse update
- 12 Extensions
- 13 Splitting Arena/World PvP from the PvP article and make it a new article
- 14 Can we add Soul Fighter to the Class quicklinks?
- 15 Webpage resizes wrong when there is a sidebar advert
Hey, is it possible to make the Category line in Template:Itembox optional? Tbh, I much prefer Template:Itembox to Template:Infobox item, because it maintains the format in the game. The only gripe I have is that for items that don't have a cateogry line at the top, the template adds a prompt for Category on the page. Example: Training Sword
I don't quite like that links actually get a different color when you press them, it kinda ruins the whole design. Is it possible to leave them with the original color after you click them? Oh, of course, this is my opinion, what do you guys think? Sekuiya 21:57, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
I never really thought about it but I agree. Is it possible to change? SilverRyoshi 8:24, 19 July 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, the original color no, but let them start and stay white all the time, the link. I think it will be better. Sekuiya 00:10, 20 July 2011 (UTC)
Tabs and Contents List
The color scheme for both Tabs and Contents List(under the classes section)have been change, and they dont seem to fit with the rest of the layout. Was this intended? soknife 12:10, 16 September 2011 (UTC)
- Probably something that came with the upgrade the wiki recieved. Will have to contact the Admin or Bumble. — Sekuiyatalk 00:17, 20 September 2011 (UTC)
Links Color Changed to red?
hello there, i have being working on this wiki for the last week and i noticed that today all the links have a different color(red). Before it was (chocolate)?, not sure witch but rightnow red doesnt look very nice with the rest of the disgn. I dont know if this is the new standard? but if it is, then i would like to request to go back to (chocolate) color as it look nicer. This is just my opinion.
Request to add something to the main page!
- added. If you claim this wiki, i will approve your claim and then you will the necessary rights — Game widow (talk) 21:50, 19 February 2015 (UTC)
- I did a couple of days ago but it was rejected. But i just notice that im able to change it now and that you already put it in place (Thank you for that),
Link to soul shields
Right now, there is little confusion about region, zones, world and local maps. We now need to follow the official mapping tree, it means the World consists of Zones, Zones have Regions, and regions have local places. tl;dr version: World > Zone > Region > Local. I will now cleanup any leftover by outdated translations and templates. Anyone editing wiki can still follow old templates, until they will be corrected, in that case you will have to fill Zone and Region values, where applicable. Continents still hadn't been released so they will not be here, they (maybe) will be a future update. Thanks everyone~ --^|_| (talk) 19:32, 16 November 2015 (UTC)
Are there any guidelines on what to include on the wiki concerning content that does not yet exist in the NA version? It seems wrong to me to have content on the wiki not actually present in the game, even though it might be upcoming content, it doesn't represent reality and can be misleading. I feel that it should be left on forums and other media of the sort where speculation is more welcome. --Cappucciruno (talk) 06:58, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
- The rule of thumb, is if something does not exists (yet), it cannot be added, except anything that comes from official sources, as example the Warlock class existence. Right now we are in the middle of transition from a Wiki initially filled by material coming from other versions (of the game) and user made translations of it, to a Wiki with material coming exclusively from our version of the game or official sources. Just look at Region and Zone terms, that are swapped if compared to user made translations, as an example. That means, any "old" material already here needs to be adapted to the official translations and our game version and it is (still) tolerated being kept here, but any new addition of anything from other versions, is no more welcome because a lot of things as naming, translations, no clues on how the new feature will (and if) be integrated in our version of the game, just to name a few.--^|_| (talk) 21:58, 17 January 2016 (UTC)
Request to add new section to main page
I've began work on a Wardrobe page that will list all obtainable cosmetics and how to get them, so I was wondering if it could be added to the main page? I'd imagine it will be a very helpful page for players. Zurlocke (talk) 15:40, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- I put a link in the Quicklinks section for now. I can edit the image later to add in the wardrobe. (: Urbancowgurl777 (talk) 19:28, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
File duplicates: to delete or not to delete
So there seems to be a lot of duplicates in files, and I'm wondering if it would be best to unify them into a single file referenced everywhere, or to leave it as is. I would normally opt for the former but most of those duplicates are skill icons which are reused for multiple classes without all classes having it necessarily (e.g. with 4 duplicates in 4 other classes). --Cappucciruno (talk) 00:49, 27 January 2016 (UTC)
- I think we can safely delete all image duplicates, because all templates so far asks for the image name to be used. It will be a different situation when templates will create the image name by parameters but I don't see any template doing that. --^|_| (talk) 11:59, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
Connection problems since Curse update
Ever since the update to the domain, last February 8th, the website's felt really sluggish. Am I alone on this? In particular, it seems that every time I go try to see my watchlist, a connection error occurs (possibly due to timeout or something on their end)? Can anyone confirm or deny this? Where can I possibly report this slowness? --Cappucciruno 02:51, 10 February 2016 (UTC)
- I get the Curse cloud error page now on daily basis and multiple times on the day. Usually everything works again after about one minute. My guess is some sort of false-positive ddos prevention, as long as it happens mainly when I do massive changes (as the duplicate files deletes I'm on these days) and this is clearly not a normal (as wiki usage) behavior. --^|_| (talk) 22:27, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
- I'm experiencing the same problems as you, Cappuciruno. Happens a lot when I try to load the 'Recent Changes' page, especially when I try to up the limit to 500 or 1000. Also when I move pages, half of the time it times out. Chifuyu (talk) 22:50, 17 February 2016 (UTC)
While editing, I noticed that daily quests often have alternate dialogue when completing it a second time compared to the first. Quests such as The Call of the Warring Factions also have alternate dialogue depending on what option the player chooses. Not to mention, Training Begins is different depending on the player's class. So it would be helpful to have the tabber feature for this. And I'm sure we can find other uses for it.
I know there are other ways to code tabs into pages without this extension, but I find them much more complicated. Example: http://vindictus.gamepedia.com/Titles --FallingMoonSinkingStar (talk) 18:29, 18 February 2016 (UTC)
- I also have a high demand for that. Some merchants use tabs. The Hongmoon Skill is different for each class and using the tab-exension would save up space and make it more convenient. --Kayokensa (talk) 09:36, 15 July 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks Alianin. You can see it in action here: Dragon Trade Courier . As you notice, it doesn't wrap. I should have researched before asking for activation as someone already mentioned this here: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:Tabber#Tabber_Issue:_Tabs_do_not_wrap . My bad. But I think we should keep it as it is really convenient. I'm going to fiddle around with the styling (removing border, adjusting tab color to the wikistyle etc) and will let you know if I come up with something :) Thanks again --Kayokensa (talk) 06:57, 18 July 2016 (UTC)
Splitting Arena/World PvP from the PvP article and make it a new article
Is it possible to split up the PvP article into more articles like Martial Arts World Tournament (lorewise) or Arena PvP and the other Faction PvP, rather than World PvP since its not bound to geographical data, but more to the faction itself and could technically and hypothetically happen outside the world?
Next thing is: The upcoming contents will bring us a Clan PvP (or whatever the name of the battleground will be called) and I also created an article about Whirlwind Valley and stuffing all of this into one article seems rather... conunterproductive?
I mean, the PvE article doesn't list all dungeons, all monsters, all quests etc. and should not. So why should the PvP article?
Is this normal? http://imgur.com/xa0fysa
Whenever there is a sidebar advert on the right, the webpage resizes like the link above. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Sexydadee (talk) at 16:55, 15 July 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I think it may have to do with the description being in a table. I changed it a quote. Do you still see that weirdness? Wooleen (talk) 06:50, 16 July 2016 (UTC)
- Looks ok now, I think there might have been something wrong with my browser because the Soul Fighter Main page is also on a table but having the sidebar adverts did not affect it anymore. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Sexydadee (talk) at 17:59, 15 July 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~