Blade & Soul is now live! You can download it for free here and start playing!
|This page is a stub in Blade and Soul Wiki.
You can help by.
The soul shield is a set of 8 equippable fragments in a pie-like structure with stat bonuses. Soul shields come in sets, which give a bonus for equipping 3, 5, and 8 of the same set. Like other stat-bearing items, soul shield fragments can be refined by offering other soul shield fragments.
Soul shield rarities range from normal (white) to legendary (orange).
Stats[edit | edit source]
In addition to their active soul shield, players can carry an alternate soul shield to switch for different scenarios (such as PvP vs PvE). Soul shields can be switched at any time outside of combat.
For certain soul shields (particularly high-level ones) a single soul shield fragment can have different stats. A fragment's stats are decided randomly when the soul shield fragment is acquired. They will always have the same type of stats, but numbers will change each time the fragment is acquired.
Soul shield fragments are numbered clockwise, with the first fragment at the top.
Sets[edit | edit source]
Each Soul Shield piece belongs in a set.
Collecting and equipping every piece in a set will unlock further stats and even cause a physical appearance change on your character, making him or her glow. Glowing effects vary depending on the rarity of the Bo-Pae set. Each set contains roughly three stat bonuses.
Collect and equip three pieces in a set to unlock the first, collect five to unlock the second, and collect all eight to unlock the final bonus. This leaves room to mismatch sets if you feel the eight piece bonus isn't worth it. For instance, you can collect five pieces of one set and three of another.
Set List[edit | edit source]
- All Areas
- Viridian Coast
- The Cinderlands
- Cinderlands Unsung Hero's Soul Shield
- Cinderlands Renowned Valor's Soul Shield
- Desert Terror Defense Soul Shield
- Golden Deva Soul Shield
- Grimhorn Defense Soul Shield
- Marauder Accuracy Soul Shield
- Red Viper Critical Soul Shield
- Sacrifice Soul Shield
- Scorpion Soul Shield
- Shellraiser Critical Soul Shield
- Shock Ploggle Evasion Soul Shield
- Stone Sentinel Block Soul Shield
- Moonwater Plains
- Crafted Viridian Soul Shield: Critical,
Refining[edit | edit source]
It is possible to add stats to a soul shield fragment by offering a fragment from a different set, much like weapon and accessory upgrades. Unlike other upgrades, soul shields do not have levels or experience, only single enchantments. Offering an item gives a variable amount of stats to the piece, which appear in green (base stats appear in white). The better the stats on the offered item, the better (on average) the stat bonus from the refinement. This is true even when offering two identical soul shield pieces with different stats.
- main Soul Shield piece
- additional stats Soul Shield pieces (may disappear)
- Fusion powder & others (can get from breaking down items from the inventory screen).
- The item being offered must be similar level to the item being enchanted, and of a lesser or equal rarity.
Of note, refining may fail: once failed, the stats will not be added but the main Soul Shield piece will not disappear. When it succeeds, the improved stats will be noted by blue color.
Soul Shield acquisition[edit | edit source]
There are a few ways to get soul shield pieces.
- Spin Wheel of Fate by getting orbs from a boss monster in the wild. Each spin has a chance to grant 3- 5- or 8-piece sets of random soul shield pieces. Each wheel of fate has its own set: for example, the Golden Deva Wheel of Fate only gives Golden Deva Soul Shield fragments.
- Drop from a normal monster
- Doing quests
- Exchanged by Hero Cards
- Drop from a boss in an instance
Soul Shield essence acquisition[edit | edit source]
You can get Soul Shield essence by item and weapon breakdown.